EFFECTIVE DATE: OCTOBER 2021
• Personal Data
• Categories of Personal Data We Collect
• Categories of Sources of Personal Data
Our Commercial or Business Purposes for Collecting Personal Data
How We Share Your Personal DataTracking Tools, Advertising and Opt-Out
Data Security and RetentionPersonal Data of ChildrenOther State Law Privacy Rights
Categories of Personal Data We Collect
This chart details the categories of Personal Data that we collect and have collected over the past 12 months:
Categories of Sources of Personal Data
We collect Personal Data about you from the following categories of sources:
When you provide such information directly to us.When you create an account or use our interactive tools and Services.
• When you voluntarily provide information in free-form text boxes through the Services or through responses to surveys or questionnaires.When you send us an email or otherwise contact us.
When you use the Services and such information is collected automatically.
• Through Cookies (defined in the “Tracking Tools, Advertising and Opt-Out” section below).
• If you use a location-enabled browser, we may receive information about your location.Our Commercial or Business Purposes for Collecting Personal Data
Providing, Customizing and Improving the Services
• Creating and managing your account or other user profiles.
• Providing you with the products, services or information you request.
• Meeting or fulfilling the reason you provided the information to us.
• Providing support and assistance for the Services.Improving the Services, including testing, research, internal analytics and product development.
• Doing fraud protection, security and debugging.
• Carrying out other business purposes stated when collecting your Personal Data or as otherwise set forth in applicable data privacy laws, such as the California Consumer Privacy Act (the “CCPA”).Marketing the Services
Marketing and selling the Services.
Corresponding with You
• Responding to correspondence that we receive from you, contacting you when necessary or requested, and sending you information about Gig Wage or the Services.
• Sending emails and other communications according to your preferences or that display content that we think will interest you.Meeting Legal Requirements and Enforcing Legal Terms
• Fulfilling our legal obligations under applicable law, regulation, court order or other legal process, such as preventing, detecting and investigating security incidents and potentially illegal or prohibited activities.
• Protecting the rights, property or safety of you, Gig Wage or another party.
• Enforcing any agreements with you.
• Responding to claims that any posting or other content violates third-party rights.
• Resolving disputes.
We will not collect additional categories of Personal Data or use the Personal Data we collected for materially different, unrelated or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
How We Share Your Personal Data
We disclose your Personal Data to the categories of service providers and other parties listed in this section. Depending on state laws that may be applicable to you, some of these disclosures may constitute a “sale” of your Personal Data. For more information, please refer to the state-specific sections below.
• Service Providers.
These parties help us provide the Services or perform business functions on our behalf. They include:
· Security and fraud prevention consultants.
· Support and customer service vendors.
· Payment processors.
· Our payment processing partner Synapse Financial Technologies, Inc. (“SynapseFI”) collects your voluntarily provided payment card information necessary to process your payment.
· Please see SynapseFI’s Terms of Service
for information on their use and storage of your Personal Data.• Analytics Partners.
These parties provide analytics on web traffic or usage of the Services. They include:
· Companies that track how users found or were referred to the Services.
· Companies that track how users interact with the Services.• Business Partners.
These parties partner with us in offering various services. They include:
· Businesses that you have a relationship with.
· Companies that we partner with to offer joint promotional offers or opportunities.Legal Obligations
We may share any Personal Data that we collect with third parties in conjunction with any of the activities set forth under “Meeting Legal Requirements and Enforcing Legal Terms” in the “Our Commercial or Business Purposes for Collecting Personal Data” section above.Business Transfers
All of your Personal Data that we collect may be transferred to a third party if we undergo a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy or other transaction in which that third party assumes control of our business (in whole or in part). Should one of these events occur, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you before your information becomes subject to different privacy and security policies and practices.Data that is Not Personal Data
We may create aggregated, de-identified or anonymized data from the Personal Data we collect, including by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to a particular user. We may use such aggregated, de-identified or anonymized data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze, build and improve the Services and promote our business, provided that we will not share such data in a manner that could identify you.Tracking Tools, Advertising and Opt-Out
We use the following types of Cookies:• Essential Cookies.
Essential Cookies are required for providing you with features or services that you have requested. For example, certain Cookies enable you to log into secure areas of our Services. Disabling these Cookies may make certain features and services unavailable.• Functional Cookies.
Functional Cookies are used to record your choices and settings regarding our Services, maintain your preferences over time and recognize you when you return to our Services. These Cookies help us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).• Performance/Analytical Cookies.
or the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
You can decide whether or not to accept Cookies through your internet browser’s settings. Most browsers have an option for turning off the Cookie feature, which will prevent your browser from accepting new Cookies, as well as (depending on the sophistication of your browser software) allow you to decide on acceptance of each new Cookie in a variety of ways. You can also delete all Cookies that are already on your device. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit our website and some of the Services and functionalities may not work.
To explore what Cookie settings are available to you, look in the “preferences” or “options” section of your browser’s menu. To find out more information about Cookies, including information about how to manage and delete Cookies, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
.Data Security and Retention
We seek to protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use and disclosure using appropriate physical, technical, organizational and administrative security measures based on the type of Personal Data and how we are processing that data. You should also help protect your data by appropriately selecting and protecting your password and/or other sign-on mechanism; limiting access to your computer or device and browser; and signing off after you have finished accessing your account. Although we work to protect the security of your account and other data that we hold in our records, please be aware that no method of transmitting data over the internet or storing data is completely secure.
We retain Personal Data about you for as long as you have an open account with us or as otherwise necessary to provide you with our Services. In some cases we retain Personal Data for longer, if doing so is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or collect fees owed, or is otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, rule or regulation. We may further retain information in an anonymous or aggregated form where that information would not identify you personally.Personal Data of Children
.State Law Privacy Rights
California Resident Rights+
Under California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to contact us to prevent disclosure of Personal Data to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes; in order to submit such a request, please contact us at 214-307-2845 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Nevada Resident Rights
If you are a resident of Nevada, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of certain Personal Data to third parties who intend to license or sell that Personal Data. You can exercise this right by contacting us at 214-307-2845 or email@example.com
1920 McKinney Ave 7th Floor, Dallas, TX, 75201, USA